Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusemail

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

November 6th. Election Day.
. . . . Yeah.

Well as an American citizen who enjoys the freedom and respects the rights of every American, for me this day is more than just deciding on who'll lead this country for the next four years.

As a voter, I feel the need to give thanks to those who came before me and fought for the right to vote. The men and women who put their lives on the line, the men and women who suffered through countless hours, days, years, decades, and centuries protesting against the establishment.

I have several friends who don't vote and for the life me, I just don't understand why.

I live in Texas, a predominantly Republican state. I consider myself an Independent however, if I had to choose between voting Republican or Democrat, I lean toward Democrat. I know the Republican nominee for President will win Texas but that doesn't prevent me from voting anyway.

Why?

Because I want my voice to be heard, even if there's a  strong chance it'll drown among the thralls of Republican voters.

Because it's my right that I can enjoy due to those who came before me.

 

I could care less who you vote for. I only care that you vote.

 

-Isaiyan

No comments:

Post a Comment